Copyright © yoUr Luig!
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, July 01, 2006


Are there McDonalds in heaven?

I.

I can't get my Game Boy to access the Internet

And I've spilled gravy on my face and pillow.

I'm a mess.

I don't want to watch that.

I know it won't take very long.

I know it might make my food taste better

And boy the stars are pretty once you get to see them.

Installing the merry-go-round in my room was a good idea

And you're an angel for pushing me,

But it makes watching TV hard.

It's okay. I can go this fast. I'm fine.

II.

Trisha informs me I'm walking wrong.

Too much sunshine between my legs . . .

"Do you even wear shoes?" she accuses,

Full of irritation and resignation.

I fall on the floor, sorting the newspapers

Before I burn down her studio.

"I get paid half of what you do,

So just leave me alone." I sigh,

I cry, and I pour the gasoline.

III.

The star basketball player just confided in me that he was abused

And we filed a protection order for in the school's office.

Dad gets really drunk Sunday nights, so Mr. B-ball hides on Monday

Throughout the school building and now they can't tell Dad where.

Leaving the office, he wants to walk arm-in-arm,

A bold move for two friends in high school.

The trumpet club is in trouble

For hanging out in the hallway.

When the assistant principal, high on power,

Spots me and Mr. B-ball, I pretend to faint.

She sees through me. When she leans over me,

I grab her scarf to block the spotlight she shines in my eyes,

Trying to avoid a one-way trip to Migraine City.


=G

 Posted by Picasa

0 comments: